Wednesday 28 July 2010

The Boxer


The image that launched my photographic career!! This was the first image that I ever took; I had started an A-Level night class in photography, and had never used a proper camera (manual) before in my life. The Brief was 'Portraiture' and that was it, I had decided to find someone as interesting as I could to photograph, someone with a story, a story that I could capture within the image. So armed with my just purchased 2nd hand Nikon FE2 I found a local boxing club and went along. I kind of new what I wanted to achieve before I even got there but didn't think I could do it. Once I looked through the lens things looked different, I saw the world with different eyes, images were everywhere, and where ever I looked I became inspired excited passionate. I knew I was where I should be, and this is where I found my passion and hunger for photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment